Saturday, February 21, 2009

If you think of me...

I'm going to attempt singing while playing for the first time, in front of how ever many hundreds of people show up for the memorial, tomorrow afternoon. (nothing like jumping in with both feet's what i always say. Hey, i never claimed to be extremely bright)

Anywho. I could use whatever prayers/nice thoughts etc... you have free to send me.

Thanks-

(When the Tears Fall by Tim Hughes if you are curious. I didn't feel like i needed to sing at any of the other services, but this time i feel like i would like to do something to encourage and comfort my family- see the words below)

I’ve had questions without answers
I’ve known sorrow, I have known pain
But there’s one thing that I cling to
You are faithful, Jesus, You’re true

When hope is lost, I’ll call You Savior
When pain surrounds, I’ll call you Healer
When silence falls,
You’ll be the song within my heart

In the lone hour of my sorrow
Through the darkest night of my soul
You surround me and sustain me
My defender forever more

I will praise You, I will praise You
When the tears fall, still I will sing to You
I will praise You, Jesus, praise You
Through the suffering, still I will sing

When the laughter fails to comfort
When my heart aches, Lord, are you there?
When confusion is all around me
And the darkness is my closest friend

Still I will praise You, Jesus, praise You

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know how you feel. i'm at the same point - me with my 6 chords - 4 for sure. God, calm any anxious nerves, so that the words of this fitting song will work with your Spirit to calm everyone in that place tomorrow. Bring peace. Bring resolution and comfort...& use Rachel as your broken & mended & beautiful clay jar.

Brenda said...

I will be praying for you Rachel. I know you will do a wonderful job that will bless all those attending.

Angie said...

prayed

Miss Burke said...

God give my Rach the peace she needs to do the things you ask of her.

rachel said...

Thanks all.
I think it went alright (at the very least it definitely wasn't a trainwreck-which was a very feasible possibility you know)
My hope was that my family would be blessed and i hope that that happened.
Not sure what the other 400+ people thought...

Anonymous said...

I talked to all 400 of them. They think you're beautiful and creative and gracious and life giving and brave and strong, damn strong and a blessing to everyone that gets to call you friend. I kind of like you too.

rachel said...

your pants are on fire

Miss Burke said...

I think that was awfully sweet Justin!!

rachel said...

tell me lies. tell me sweet little lies.

(so much wisdom from the 80s)

Miss Burke said...

Seriously, I haven't heard that song in FOR-E-VER!