Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy 2008!

So last night we had fun bringing in the new years with some cosmic bowling and then hanging with friends over at Jon's house. The kids rocked guitar hero and i fiddled with my new toy which hopefully i will have the chance to share some results soon, but anyway i have no idea what i'm doing, so right now it's just rather frustrating.
Look! I lost something!

i thought about taking the red eye out but decided against it being that it added to the overall enjoyment of the picture
i'm such a party animal


Noah rockin it
the kids playing foosball
for those of you who don't know- steph is thoroughly entertaining
my tat
it's getting late...
i'm not as young as i used to be, you know.
and for the grand finale...

Anywho, i had ONE drink the whole night,(i am a former example you know), and did not play one single game so that was kinda a bummer, but made up for that today at Sarah's. So now i am happy. (and hesitant to announce - cause i do know about pride/the fall etc.. but since i cannot help myself, i just realized that it has been over 6 months since anyone has beat me at Princes of Florence. And yes, now that i have that in print i know that it is just a matter of time).

So here i am to the point of this post.

I AM GOING TO LEARN TO PLAY GUITAR THIS YEAR. (dammit)

There are so many things in life that we really aren't in control of, and yet so many we are. And though this may seem like a trivial thing to you all, it is not to me. There is a dusty Taylor sitting in my bedroom right now, and it is just a complete and total crying shame. And now that this is in print i know you will all make sure i do something about it. Right? (and i also promise to try my best at all you all's wonderful suggestions also- shout out to jeremy and ash).

Anyone else?

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I also have a goal to become more skilled at the guitar this year.

Anonymous said...

Would your new toy happen to be a new camera? if it is, we should go out and shoot some pictures one of these days!

Angie said...

Bring your new toy over. I'm sure I could end some of your "fiddling." I'm fairly certain I could find you a couple of books you could borrow as well.

rachel said...

Yes Zac it is.
And Ang, if your books are on camera's i already have a nice thick one (i believe it is called a manual) which i already have almost no desire to read.
BUT I would love to come and have you give me a little tutoring. And i guess steve from the camera store has also offered.

ALSO...

Dave and i have spoken of starting a sort of "FIner Things Club" if you will, pertaining to all things camera-ey and would like to invite certain other camera-ey type people to join us in so called photography type outings.
We spoke of you Angie and i'm sure, though i would have to consult with my co-founder of course, that we would love for you to join us also Zac.

Mike said...

Sweet! Guitar! Is Justin teaching you? What kind of camera did you get?

rachel said...

You are so enthusiastic Mike.
Its a Samsung GX10 (i think).
And most likely no.
Hasn't worked all that well in the past, if you know what i mean.
But i know i need a plan or it won't happen. Again.
I'm hoping to impose myself on a couple of friends once in a while at least.

Unknown said...

i have a goal of beating my GF at guitar hero.

rachel said...

haha
awesome

Ashby said...

My resolution is to go to Kenya.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it is time for you to start playing a different game!

Mike said...

I'm not that enthusiastic! I just like exclamation points!!!!! I could even combine it with CAPS! THEN I REALLY LOOK EXCITABLE!!!

rachel said...

thats why i talk like this normally
that way you can REALLY tell when i am excitable

AND

i have played other games (and mostly won).
people keep requesting Princes because they like punishment and public humiliation (i suppose)

Ashby said...

I think I look pretty.

rachel said...

pretty freakin awesome

rachel said...

let the record show that two nights ago i lost my title of reigning prince of florence to mark owen by ONE POINT. seriously.