Thursday, November 29, 2007

So after last week's urgent care visit, i declared upon entering the gym yesterday that i was going to not be broken or take upon myself any sort of physical abuse and bodily punishment by them from henceforth (or something like that). Strangely ELEVEN people showed up, which is the most we've ever had, which was sorta fun i guess except that i didn't get to really play with the friends a whole lot that i had invited to play(and i got stuck on lame teams shh). Anywho, i ended up skidding across the floor over a loose ball skimmish with Mr S (stupid kids) and let me tell you, floor burns, in case you have forgotten as i had, hurt like a mother the second you stop playing, and ESPECIALLY in the shower afterwards, as well as every time you turn over in bed. ALL NIGHT LONG. No joke. (wait insert here the i never whine comment and you can have a good laugh all over again). My cousin zac, along with countless others have declared that perhaps i am to old for this but i respond a hearty NO (as well as leave me alone you big meanies. no one thinks you are funny).

side note: i did end up going to urgent care last night which seems to be my habit now, but this time it was with a friend. (who is fine and no one is dying and no you don't need to know who or why)

the end

11 comments:

rachel said...

i forgot to mention brenda's suggestion that i should wear knee and elbow pads as well as a helmet.
that brenda. she is SO helpful.

Anonymous said...

You're welcome!

Also, you can't be too old to play. I think I am a couple years older than you! I think we hold our own out on the court.

Anonymous said...

It's just that I have never told you you are too old to play.

Anonymous said...

I hit 'enter' as in, 'move down a line and then put my name', but it thought I meant 'enter' as in 'publish your comment anonymously'.

And I would NEVER publish my comment anonymously because that is JUST RUDE.

Right?

--Ashby

Angie said...

Did that friend hear any results from her tests yet?

rachel said...

Yep. Looks like all's well.
I'm sure someone will want to look into it more but she feels at ease about things i think.

Unknown said...

was it basketball at the school you were playing (i remember it being on wednesday evenings) or volleyball?

Angie said...

Thanks for the info Rach. I was going to ask her myself, but I just didn't think now was a good time...

rachel said...

Ball terry.
And you are definitely still invited.
Wednesday's at four.
But you are not allowed to injure me.
Those are the rules.

And yes angie. she may be a bit preoccupied at the moment.

Unknown said...

i am in!

i am nursing myself back to health as well though, so maybe this place isn't the best place to go to heal...

rachel said...

you don't exactly seem to know how to go half-ass.
maybe we should be on the same team to at least insure my safety.