Sunday, September 9, 2007

I hurt myself today


So surfing was pretty great. We went to San Onofre, the beach where surfing in California originated. I had this mega sized 10ft board that was great for stability in the water, but a beast to handle otherwise. I got up on my third try but only for a few miliseconds. Anyway, i pretty much tore it up (aka caught like 7 waves and then barely made it back to shore due to exhaustion).

So after chilling on the beach for a while we headed to my sis's bff's house. We had a really yummy dinner at PFChangs with Kelleigh and her boyfriend and my sisters special friend, Leffert. Then we headed to Muldoons Irish Pub for a while.

Though being a fifth wheel and drinking water was really fun, i traded it in to join the band for a while. It was pretty fun. I showed off my mad tamborine skills, which we all know pretty much makes or breaks a song, and sang background vocals for a bunch of classic rock and Stevie Ray Vaughn songs.

So i was feeling alright(especially when some random guy asked me if I had a band and then told me not to worry, that my band would find me. Phew! Good to know.)until we tried to head home around one and we found ourselve in a sea of red lights. Apparantly CDOT (or what are ever they are called) decided to close down the freeway. So we spent a very special couple of hours with six lanes of stalled traffic in the wee hours of the morning. Oh well.

So anyway, we're just now heading out to San Diego for the day. We'll see how long we last. I'm kinda funny how i kinda usually need sleep.
p.s. so it's my palm that's injured. I totally bruised it from all that crazy percussion work. I'm such a geek.

2 comments:

Ashby said...

you are hilarious. this post makes me really really happy.

God's Gift of Authenticity said...

Yeah, Rach, watch out for those tambourines! ;)