Tuesday, September 11, 2007

California Dreamin'

lish the dish, smelody, and me

I miss my good ol friends like CRAZY! I've known both lish and mel for twenty three years now(man are we old!) and it was super great that mel was able to brave the traffic to join us for brunch in Laguna Beach. We ate and ate and ate and then took a stroll on the beach, where we acted really mature and sang our very special three part rendition of the national anthem (it is sept. 11th you know).

the view from breakfast

So lish and i just hung out in San Clemente for the rest of the day. She is awsomer than a thing that is really really awesome and i love her to pieces and wish more than anything that we saw each other more than once a year or so. Sigh.
me at the pier in san clemente


Oh and also, i spent yesterday enjoying the happiest place on earth (shh my kids don't know. i wasn't sure they could really be "happy for me"). It was AMAZING.

3 comments:

God's Gift of Authenticity said...

It looks like a ton of fun! Having a much needed getaway, yes? I am glad you are enjoying yourself :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Rach! That is a pretty amazing compliment. I didn't know I was awesome, let alone awesomer than a thing that is really awesome. Thanks! :) I wish we could see each other more too...please come visit again soon. You need your beach time.

rachel said...

I didn't know how much i did. :)
Anyway, more than beach time i think i need my lish time so hopefully where there's a will there's a way.