Wednesday, November 19, 2008

ahem

So Cade's 9 year old friend, Las just gave him an ipod. (i guess he had an extra?) Anywho, what i don't get MORE than the fact that he just handed him an ipod is the music that is on his playlist. I'm not joking. It is SERIOUSLY disturbing to me that ANYONE let alone a 9 year old is listening to this crap- oh wait this is his OLD one. So who knows how long he has been listening to it. (of course this is mostly assumptions and speculating on my part after browsing through the titles of the artists/albums/songs- i'm not brave enough to actually listen to it)
And i know, i know, i'm so naive and blah blah blah. I do love me some good Korn, Godsmack, and Marilyn Manson but ARE YOU FRICKIN KIDDING ME!?
It makes me really really concerned (make that ANXIOUS) about the youth and future of our country that THIS is the total shit that is inundating their developing minds and world views starting in elementary school. Aye. And don't tell me that it doesn't affect them. Read some studies and then we'll talk.

End of my rant.
(for now of course)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

What study have you read? I'd like to take a look at it. Let me know how I can find it.

Angie said...

Weren't we just taking about this kind of thing yesterday...

Angie said...

And where can I get a friend who will give me an ipod? Seriously!

Dave Ketah said...

The last time I heard of something like this, the 'gifted' item was stolen. I would ask the parents, and maybe even check with the police.

rachel said...

hmm...always the optimist.

(yet unfortunately i wouldn't be TOTALLY shocked)

though, we were given a playstation by another neighborhood that i am fairly certain was legit. they just got a new one. So there is my last time i heard of something like this.

i will inquire, yet the asking the parents thing might be easier said than done...

And i will have to get back to you Matt when i have time to look. It's been a while since i have read such things, it just came to mind at this situation. It was a study on the media habits of the boys that have been involved of the school shootings etc..

ashby said...

I know, Ange. if you know of any friends who have extra ipods laying around, let me know.

I bet Las's girlfriend gave it to him.

Anonymous said...

You mean his "gowofwiend"?

ashby said...

hahaha Justin W, I was NOT going to go there (but you know I was thinking it)

rachel said...

so the mystery is solved.

The battery is totally dead. Hence it will not turn on to actually play all that devil music no matter how long you charge it.

Hip hip...

rachel said...

Afterward:

Laslo's Rock Band selections are killing me. (a slow and agonizing bleeped out death)