Thursday, August 28, 2008

yeah. STILL not appreciating this.


In other news, i have been having a pretty fabulous week.
Spent the first part of the week in Olympia,visiting the amazing andrea- a friend since birth that i haven't spent time with in FOREVER. She grew up in a family of 6 so i think that even though she is just pregnant with their first, we may not have COMPLETELY overwhelmed her (ps their house shall from this point on be affectionately referred to as CAMP ANDREA- her training for us also includes her years as a special ed preschool teacher)
THEN- we drove home last night and justin and i went to The Phantom of the Opera, which was magical. No joke people. Oh how i love...well everything about the theater, opera, preforming arts, etc... Also, i think it was maybe a decade or so since i last saw it (and i'm pretty sure the movie from a few years back was moderately different) And the special thing about my disfunctional memory is that it's ALWAYS a surprise- like seeing it for the first time again and again. (i seriously could not remember how it ended- yet i could sing you all the songs- at least watermelon them. so so odd)
Anyway, i'm tired and need to get a billion things done today and tomorrow morn before we leave for Indian Ford and we get back and it's time for school. My mom so thoughtfully helped my schedule by allowing the dr's to remove ALL of the skin cancer they found on her head in one swoop this morning before i could get down to represent (she's like that you know). If you wanna say a little prayer for her over that little matter i'm sure she would love it (and us too of course).
Lastly, it has recently come to my attention that my butt is getting bigger. I'm still trying to decide what to do with that little (or not so little ha ha) piece of information. (could it be that i'm in my thirties? yikes, this is mildly disturbing)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Watch out girl, you are might start packing it on in your old age!

I guess I should try and go see Phantom sometime. (I have only seen the movie.)

Anonymous said...

yeah, you might balloon into...a size 4.

glad you had a good time at andrea's.

and at phantom.

(the movie is not very good).

i'll respond to your email now, but i'm afraid you've already left for indian ford?

ps i can't BELIEVE i'm missing ella's first day of school. so you'd better take approximately one mill pictures and let me pretend i was there.

love,
(take a wild guess)

rachel said...

You most definitely should. But i don't know if EVERYONE loves it like i do, or if its just me. I mean, it is obviously a great show. There really is no arguing that. But i was MOVED. And that could be just me.

And don't you worry ashy-face. She doesn't start til the second week of Sept:)silly preschool

rachel said...

My favorite part was when you begin to see the humanity of the phantom. And the set was unreal. I can not figure out how they created that dreary lake effect with those candles.

And your butt isn't bigger, it's just more muscular (and amazing ;-) I love yoga! Ahem, not for me of course...

Anonymous said...

Oops, forgot to sign in. That last one was me. No worries.

rachel said...

um... ACTUALLY, that is how i noticed it. Warrior Two.

Miss Burke said...

How is your mom??

Cathy said...

um...Rachel and a big butt??? I don't even think those two words can be put together when describing Rach. Now me on the other hand.....:)