Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I guess it's that time of year again.

My grandfather had a stroke today and does not wish to have brain surgery to stop the hemorrhaging in his brain.
So basically, unless it stops bleeding on its own, it seems real likely that he will be reunited with grandma within the next few weeks.
Good for him. Bad for us, i guess.

(Strangely enough, my friend Bridget used to be Blasi just called me from my Dad's phone. She is working on my Grandpa's floor and recognized my parents from youth group days, and it's just nice to know someone amazing like her is taking care of my family.)

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Just wondering how grandpa is doing??
I'm so sorry.

rachel said...

Thanks. He is actually sort of doing better than they first expected. The bleeding in his brain stopped and they were able to move him to a rehabilitation home in Albany. But he does NOT want to be there (he only wants to be home- which is kinda why he was so bad off to begin with) and he is not always all the way with us if you know what i mean. They, meaning my family, are also afraid he might try to get up and injure himself etc...
So.. prayer for the situation would be great. Thanks for asking Cathy.